Wednesday, April 3, 2024

The Rewind Machine (Pine Grove)





What I need

From our future machine 

Isn’t in your mechanics

Pedantic antics 

Those wheels and cogs don’t respond when vigorously stirred, lines blurted  


Years of scribbling to you 

and for you 

on bar napkins

Tossed in bins, 

black screens with orange font

Never knowing what the fuck you want 


Old school 

College labs, notebooks: 

every color of the rainbow 

Shit you’ll never know 

I lived for you, 

But died for me 

All for the love you didn’t see 


The truth is…

I need you here, near, dear 

in it with me and in me.  No fear. 


Pine

My branches are thin, 

but can hold a heavy load

Your snow, my wind 

and all the truth we spin 


Identical waning gibbous moons

poison bloom, ripped paper cranes  

Fire dragon blood, cool blue Neptune


In remembered kisses 

Lips stained: teenage dirtbag red 

Still I wanted you 

Wrapped around me in every bed  


Pine

My branches are bending, 

I hold a heavy load

Your touch, my rain 

In the foggy distance 

We were blending 


Dissolved 

parallel minds open  

To the swell 

When they ask how I’m doing

Oh, I’m fine… so well 


I call the shots and do them too

With all my thoughts spinning right back on you 

This circus is criminal

Soft core dreaming 

Kissing you in the liminal 


Skater boy

Sexed up man

Deep voiced baby 

Fornever mine 


Pine 

My branches are breaking 

Spilling cocktails and years

Holding back the fears 

tears that I’m giving 

you’re gently taking 


Pine pine, fornever mine. 

Alpine slopes, sharp icicles so fine 

My branches…



No comments:

Post a Comment