Monday, December 7, 2009

Heartache and Candy

I never thought when we chose towels,
rather I chose towels and you the house with the garage,
purposing our most purposeful roles

...I never thought that I would be here standing behind myself right now in a mirror
looking at the tile in my new place
My new place

and thinking, how could there have been this foresight?
actually how could there Not have been this foresight?
Why do these towels match this bathroom,
when they never did ours?

and that lollipop silk nighty, the pink i was so sure of
the luna de miel colored syrup proportioned in perfect complex measure
madonna and whore, the one you didn't understand

It too matches this space

So who were we when we made the us decision?
because it certainly is not us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment