The Bottom

"My melancholy was gold dust in your hands" -Alfonsina Storni

If there is only one way to go from here,
Can someone point me?
I think I am lost...

left and right aren't working
and the ground is too solid
my fingernails
too soiled
to dig any deeper.

i know there is a fifth direction around here, somewhere
another way this can go...

and while I am resolute in stillness
listening for a clue
keeping my nostrils open to smell
that pie in the sky

well, the shape of it is all muddy, murky
and monstrously cold.

no matter

i remember spring
soft baby birds with their gray-peach fuzz chirp...
the tender buds crystallized against mourning's do.

so i will get there,
wherever that fifth direction is,
because one season always follows another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Constellation II (Moon in Sagittarius)

STIFF UPPER LIP

…on the other hand,