Monday, August 26, 2013

Wonder. Lust.

Forgive my words if they run away from me towards you.
It has been awhile since I’ve written and containment isn’t an option.
     (Usually the inspiration is some dissident:
     distant melancholy pulling me,
     strings, threads
     to that play-space where I hammer-smoke verse, a mixed-bag blacksmith)

I am not a bee keeper, nor hive queen.
Have no patience for dewy netted hats, protective gloves, or giving directive,
Besides
Not all separation and order yields nectar,
Not all togetherness stings.

What I want is to stop waiting at airports for trains...
To mark one lil lazydaisy valley my heart’s cornucopia,
A newly forged instrument,
     hybrid: flute, didgeridoo, sitar, and soku.
Its lithe love songs tangled in my hair, like your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment